With Barry Alvarez announcing his retirement as athletic director at the University of Wisconsin, take a look back at some of the biggest celebrations during his time with the Badgers.
In this Series
As featured on
Barry Alvarez, 74, will finish his term leading the UW athletic program this summer after a 17-year stretch in the seat during which the department's budget nearly doubled.
Sweeping changes are coming to college athletics in the form of NIL payments and athlete empowerment. UW's next AD has to take those challenges head-on.
With Alvarez announcing he'll be retiring as UW's athletic director June 30, we thought now's the perfect time to ask our readers what they think of his impact over 31 years in Madison.
- Gabrielle Union told to stop working
- City decides on splash pad site
- Woman dies in Crawford County fire
- Lynette Houston
- Police make quick arrest in store robbery
- Labette wins, Wolgamott homers thrice against Neosho County
- George Franklin Henry
- Super 8 to be sold in auction at courthouse
- Parsons police arrest fugitive
- County hears more concern about possible wind farm