Smoky Classroom

Around noon Friday Parsons firefighters were called to St. Patrick Catholic School, 1831 Stevens, to investigate smoke in the seventh-grade classroom. School was not in session Friday, although teachers were meeting and had a scheduled work day. Firefighters determined the smoke came from a malfunctioning air conditioning unit, perhaps a fan motor. No fire was found and an air conditioning repair technician was called. Firefighters used the ladder truck (above) to gain easier access to the roof to check out the air conditioning.